PRINT OFF THESE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE CONTINUING
Included below is a STATA version 7 program of the adjusted survival program.
It produces 6 curves (2 crude, 2 mean, 2 weighted) and is called diradj.ado (for direct adjustment, like direct standardization).
STEP 1: PREPARATIONS
- Download quest menus for STATA, instructions can be found on the STATA website: www.stata.com/support/quest
- Find personal ado directory on computer. This should be c:\ado\personal, if the directory does not exist create a folder “ado” on the c drive with a folder “personal” in the ado folder. You can also check in stata what directory is used for personal ado files by typing: sysdir
STEP 2: DOWNLOADS
- Click on diradj and save as diradj.txt in your personal ado directory for STATA (i.e. c:\ado\personal).
- Click on sample and click save file to save it to your computer.
- Click on clean and save as clean.txt to your computer
STEP 3: OPENING THE DATASET
- Open Stata and type quest in the command window
- Type set memory 100m in the command window
- Type set matsize 800 in the command window
- Open the do file editor and open diradj.txt, save as diradj.ado (make sure save type as is ado files and that you save it in your c:\ado\personal folder)
- Open clean.txt in the do file editor and save as clean.do (make sure save as type is do files)
- Click on STATA again
- Click on file and Import Ascii and open sample1.txt
- Run clean.do
- Type diradj Diab creat CHF male and hit enter, the program should run and display a graph.